The objectives and aims of the Association are:
- To promote scientific research in dermatology, skin biology and allied subjects through the study of individual humans, animals and model systems.
- To provide a forum for interaction and information exchange between doctors treating patients with disorders of the skin and scientists working in the field of cutaneous research.
- To enhance the treatment of people with disorders of the skin through making available the latest advances in research and diagnostic techniques.
- To investigate possible sources of funding for skin research.
- To establish links with the International Skin Research Societies, in particular the American Society of Investigative Dermatology, the Japanese Society of Investigative Dermatology, the British Society of Investigative Dermatology and the European Society of Dermatology Research. In addition to establishing formal links with these societies, The Australasian Society of Dermatology Research would aim to participate in joint meetings.